This side dish is easy to make, yummy, low-fat AND cheap.
Prep time: 30 mins
- Half a cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Breadcrumbs (for a cheap and better alternative to supermarket ones, just grate some old bread)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 courgettes
- Put basil in the cup of olive oil for 30 mins
- Chop the courgettes long and thin and dip them in the cup with oil.
- Roll the courgettes on the breadcrumbs
- Cover the breaded courgettes in chopped almonds
- Grill them in the oven for 20 min
- Add a pinch of salt
Et voilà! No waste of oil, no frying fat and you can make as many breadcrumbs as you need as you go along!
Picture by: The Shopping Sherpa